Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great quote

I sometimes search around the internet for great websites relating to birth, doulas or midwifery work.  One that I learned about when I was doing my doula training out of the Twin Cities was the Childbirth Collective (http://www.childbirthcollective.org/index.php)  While browsing around their site I stumbled upon an article pertaining to breech presentations at birth.  This intrigued me since Lucy was a breech birth, but what I wanted to share was the author's final words.  I think they speak volumes to what I feel women should keep in mind when making any of the many decisions required before, during or after childbirth.

"Whatever you choose to do and whatever the results of your choices, remember that you did the best you could at the time. Your baby and your body have wisdom of their own, and though it isn't always possible to know the reasons why some things happen, there are always reasons. Only you know what is best for you and your baby. If a particular choice just feels right or wrong, it may be - let your intuition be a guide. The best choices are made from love, not fear. So make yours from an open heart, and best wishes!"  ~Vanessa Stephens


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment